Skip to content
IBS Support Group
An_249010 posted:
Diagnosed IBS with reflux...finally found Heathers IBS Diet. You have to avoid ALL trigger foods. No dairy, FAT (all FAT), red meat (or pork), no coffee, alcohol, carbonated drinks. Eat all safe foods all day, but do not over-stuff your tummy. Safe is soluble fiber (sourdough bread, rice, noodles, potatoes, etc) Smaller portions of insoluble fiber (chicken, fish, vegies, fruits) AFTER eating some soluble..... You have to monitor your insolubles and if you have a bad reaction return to more safe foods. This is not a cure, but my pain has stopped and diarrhea is better controlled. It's only been 3 weeks, so I'm hopeful. I have lost 6 lbs too...that's a bonus for me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

ibs- charcoal
have been diagnosed with ibs, it seems to effect me in the mornings everyday,with diarrhea. in the mornings i get up, have to go, then 5 ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.