Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oxycontin for IBS
An_249169 posted:
So... after 25 years of misery and trying most everything under the sun for my IBS, my doctor put me on Oxycontin to relieve the pain and helped me after much discussion and warning about possible abuse of the drug. Then my doctor put me on a schedule to taper off of the drug. At first I had some cramping, but we basically game my body about 5 months to repair so to speak, and kept my diet to very simple foods, no sauces and very little fat. I now take my daily probiotic of about 30billion cultures per day and I feel good for the first time in years.

The oxycontin is very addicting so it's typically not something a doctor will prescribe but it sure helped me to just go about my daily drill for a few months with hardly any pain. Now I just have to watch my diet and take my daily probiotics.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.