Skip to content
Oxycontin for IBS
An_249169 posted:
So... after 25 years of misery and trying most everything under the sun for my IBS, my doctor put me on Oxycontin to relieve the pain and helped me after much discussion and warning about possible abuse of the drug. Then my doctor put me on a schedule to taper off of the drug. At first I had some cramping, but we basically game my body about 5 months to repair so to speak, and kept my diet to very simple foods, no sauces and very little fat. I now take my daily probiotic of about 30billion cultures per day and I feel good for the first time in years.

The oxycontin is very addicting so it's typically not something a doctor will prescribe but it sure helped me to just go about my daily drill for a few months with hardly any pain. Now I just have to watch my diet and take my daily probiotics.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had tummy issues and they I remember growing up watching my mother suffer through tummy and bathroom issues. Then my daughter started sh...More

Helpful Tips

ibs- charcoal
have been diagnosed with ibs, it seems to effect me in the mornings everyday,with diarrhea. in the mornings i get up, have to go, then 5 ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.