Skip to content
Not entirely sure if I have IBS, would like some web confirmation
MantisToboggan posted:
For the past year or 2 (especially in the past 6-8 months) I've been having severe troubles with going to do #2. Here's the rub though: it is not due to constipation. I basically get the sensation that there's some sort of physical, inner blockage preventing me from going. I hear my gas making noises on the inside all the time, as though it wants to get out, but is stuck due to some sphincter just being jammed shut.[br>[br>I've discussed this with my idiot doctor, but he just prescribes me laxatives that don't work/help to solve the root problem (he has given me amitiza and propylene glycol; the former worked once or twice, but for the most part does nothing now-- literally evokes no effect-- and only gives me extreme nausea/headache, the latter does absolutely nothing). I eat tons of fiber one cereal every day, and get a decent amount of exercise. I also drink quite a bit of water. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong? My doctor thought it was due to a lack of fiber, but I'm seriously doubting him now. (Also, no blood in stool)
ravupadh responded:
I think I might have the same thing as you. I posted here as well:

Unfortunately I have yet to see a GI specialist but hopefully I will see one by New Year's.
wellnesstoday replied to ravupadh's response:
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has helped with my IBS symptoms. I have heard that loose stools are (counter-intuitive) are actually a side effect of incompletel bowel movements. It's a godsend! . I hope it helps you too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at 16 yrs old with a nervous stomache and spastic colon. I am now 73 and I still have constipation/diahrea every few weeks. I asume it...More

Helpful Tips

An Article On Probiotics That May Be Of Interest More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.