Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IBS from Stress, Life change and Feeling upset
An_249286 posted:
I am back to work after 18months with 2 small children, with a suburb to city commute and a traveling husband. I think stress may be causing IBS or IBS related issues as I can not 'hold' it in and the moments of urgency occur when walking to the train! Is there a medicine that I can take to passify my nerve related stomach issues!?

wellnesstoday responded:
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has helped with my IBS symptoms. I have heard that loose stools are (counter-intuitive) are actually a side effect of incompletel bowel movements. It's a godsend!squattypotty.com . I hope it helps you too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Started being Lactose Intolerant at age 17. Become diagnosed with IBS at age 24.

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.