Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IBS or Digestive Disorder?
An_249511 posted:
Hi. I have recently been having a lot of problems with my stomach. I am a healthy eater, exercise about 4-5 times a week with aerobic classes, and am only 17. I drink a ton of water everyday too to stay hydrated. I was having constant bloating with pressure and fullness in the evenings, to the point where i felt like I wasn't hungry and the only thing that would relieve my stomach was going #2, which wasn't much. I went to the doctor who tested me for Celiac Disease and the results were borderline allergies. I go to the bathroom regularly, but it tends to be late afternoon and night time, that my digestive system slows down. The bloating has gone away, but now I am having diarehea about 15-20 minutes after I eat anything. It is frusterating and causing me to constantly be hungry and dropping a pound or two. I do eat healthy and exercise a lot, so it is not unexpected weight loss, but I am also getting cramping in my stomach in the late afternoon if I do not go #2. After researching symptoms, it seems to match to IBS, but how can I be sure?

wellnesstoday responded:
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has helped with my IBS symptoms. I have heard that loose stools are (counter-intuitive) are actually a side effect of incompletel bowel movements. It's a godsend!squattypotty.com . I hope it helps you too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I haven't exactly been the healthiest person. As soon as i was born-ear infections, that reoccured until I got tubes in my ears around age 1 or so...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.