Skip to content
medication
asheraz posted:
Any body use medication for IBS if yes what ???

helenehere responded:
Hi asheraz...I just posted an OTC med I am taking...I dont know if I am allowed to say the trade name, so I will just tell you to google "bifantis" it will take you the drug I am talking about...ok...first letter of the med starts with the letter "A:...
It has been a miracle for me.
Helene

sheba_q replied to helenehere's response:
I take it you're talking about Align. It's a probiotic and not a drug per se. Many people with digestive disorders take some variety of probiotics.

Btw probiotics are even more important to take while taking antibiotics - just not at the exact same time (take the probiotics a couple hours later).

helenehere replied to sheba_q's response:
Thank you Sheba....It is align. And it has helped me to the point where I am almost back to normal. Do you have ibs?
Helene

sheba_q replied to helenehere's response:
I have ulcerative colitis but I relate to what a lot of people with IBS-D go through.

wellnesstoday replied to sheba_q's response:
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has helped with my IBS symptoms. I have heard that loose stools are (counter-intuitive) are actually a side effect of incompletel bowel movements. It's a godsend!squattypotty.com . I hope it helps you too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Undiagnosed digestive disorder past 18+ mo. Prescribed Bentyl, but provided no relief. Upper endoscopy revealed Barret's esophagus, prescribed Pri...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful