Skip to content
medication
asheraz posted:
Any body use medication for IBS if yes what ???

helenehere responded:
Hi asheraz...I just posted an OTC med I am taking...I dont know if I am allowed to say the trade name, so I will just tell you to google "bifantis" it will take you the drug I am talking about...ok...first letter of the med starts with the letter "A:...
It has been a miracle for me.
Helene

sheba_q replied to helenehere's response:
I take it you're talking about Align. It's a probiotic and not a drug per se. Many people with digestive disorders take some variety of probiotics.

Btw probiotics are even more important to take while taking antibiotics - just not at the exact same time (take the probiotics a couple hours later).

helenehere replied to sheba_q's response:
Thank you Sheba....It is align. And it has helped me to the point where I am almost back to normal. Do you have ibs?
Helene

sheba_q replied to helenehere's response:
I have ulcerative colitis but I relate to what a lot of people with IBS-D go through.

wellnesstoday replied to sheba_q's response:
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has helped with my IBS symptoms. I have heard that loose stools are (counter-intuitive) are actually a side effect of incompletel bowel movements. It's a godsend!squattypotty.com . I hope it helps you too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.