Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Following Through
An_249920 posted:
I've been on the highs and lows of ibs symptoms. From self-diagnosing, to embarrassment when I have an 'episode' in public, to counseling, to journaling, to researching, etc. Being a human being with ibs symptoms can make anyone want to hide and be a hermit and just watch a marathon of your favorite show. I started a destructive pattern in the beginning of my college career of inducing symptoms when there was any new thing to attend or overall confrontation of new people. I'm outgoing, and so is my lifestyle as a Theatre person, so as you can see, confrontation is nonstop! I'm on a new awakening of realization that inducing symptoms are caused by fear of them occurring in the first place! Crazy right (Let me just keep running towards what I'm running away from)? Any tips or helpful words for holistic healing with anxiety that induces burning belly symptoms?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

Squatting really help!!!
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.