Skip to content
Help!
hrolison10 posted:
Hello, I am hoping to find some insight on my stomach issues.
For the past few months I have been having severe issues with my stomach after eating and can not figure out what is going on. My symptoms include gas, stomach pains and constipation and is more is triggered by food- but I have been having the hardest time pinpointing what foods are the cause. I have looked into eliminating FODMAP's, maybe going paleo, taking out most starches. I've kept a food diary but have noticed different foods affect me on different day. I have taken out dairy, but recently started eating greek yogurt again which aids in digestion. I have noticed that nuts really irritate me so i have taken them out of my diet as well ( I use to eat them A LOT- may have developed an intolerance) sometimes it feels like my stomach is in knots trying to digest what ever it is that is bothering me. Sadly I do not have medical insurance to go to the doctor, so I am hoping someone has some advice
Thank you

hrolison10 responded:
Also, I have tried digestive enzymes, probiotics, omega-3s... but nothing is providing relief.

MEG1944 replied to hrolison10's response:
I have been having issues since Feb. 2013. Just learning that I should be eating fresh white bread, white rice and potato first then I can eat a little of other things. I have not been eating anything white for years. I am still trying to learn what foods I can eat and can't. Try starting each meal with white rice or bread. I have also started with Metamucil as directed on the bottle as well as enzymes and probiotics.

MEG1944 replied to hrolison10's response:
I stop taking omega 3, becase fats are not good for ibs. I'm
doing better these past 10 days than I have done sense Feb.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I haven't exactly been the healthiest person. As soon as i was born-ear infections, that reoccured until I got tubes in my ears around age 1 or so...More

Helpful Tips

Especially for the Newbies!
Welcome to our board! We usually end up telling everyone this, so I thought it would be nice to put it in a "tip", so it would help you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.