Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help me with my Lactose Intolerance problem PLEASE!! I'm gonna commit myself!!
nicatl posted:
I really need some help here! I know I have IBS but all these years I have controlled it with bentyl or levsin. All of a sudden I started having riproaring stomachaches! The kind like you had when we were kids. Double over and need to use the bathroom. Sometimes I go and sometimes I don't. My GI dr. decided to check me for Lactose Intolarnce. It came back I was highly lactose intolerant. Well I started using Lactaid, I stopped my icecream. It's kinda hard when EVERYTHING has milk in it. But I continue having major stomach problems. I had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, Hidascan, all came back fine. Could this lactose be causing THIS major problem?? I don't have diarreah, I do have contispation and I use miralax and probotics to help. Actually miralax makes me sick after about 3days of taking it. I'm so depressed from all this. I'm a small female. 5'2 and 104lbs. I don't need to lose anymore weight. I exercise almost everyday. My dr. is getting ready to do a CT scan. I just don't get it. I have talked with a few people who are lactose intolerant but they NEVER hurt this bad. And most have diareahha as their sympton. I'm at my wits end. I have lost work time, and I'm afraid to eat anything because of the pain I have. Please anyone,,if you have any advise or you have lactose intolerance and it causes you MAJOR pain please tell me what you do. I don't even drink milk. I just use the Lactaid milk in my cereral or foods I cook. PLEASE!!! Did my doctor perforate when he did my endoscopy? Hopfully the CT scan would show that, but i'm sure a readi-cat barium to drink before and I believe it says if you have a perforation it doesn't show if you drink this! I'm gonna end up in the hospital because I can't take this.!! Thanks everyone!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had IBS symptoms for several years. I've tried numerous medications and have not had any relief. My last medication was Librax, but it stop...More

Helpful Tips

Squatting really help!!!
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.