Skip to content
New to this
Mom5Mom posted:
Can I just ask, how many times did you visit your doctor, even with vague symptoms, before you got a diagnosis? And what tests, or procedures were done to arrive at a diagnosis?
I had a bad bout of constipation last year late August/September. Took me completely by surprise, happily found out it was not a growth or mass (except stool in my colon), took antibiotics, soft food diet, and figured it was done. Except for the fact that since then, periodically, I will have a bad bout of diarrhea for no discernible reason. Since last Monday I have had stomach cramps and had 3-4 days of frequent bowel (loose) movements, now I am having a steady ache in my lower gut (almost like period cramps) and I realize I feel constipated. My doctor Monday said maybe a summer stomach bug, but I am 57 years old and I know when I've got a "bug". Thinking this is just something I have to live with, but wondering how others got to the IBS conclusion. Thanks for your advice and opinions.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

ibs- charcoal
have been diagnosed with ibs, it seems to effect me in the mornings everyday,with diarrhea. in the mornings i get up, have to go, then 5 ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.