Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
4 year old diagnosed with IBS/Colitis
confuzed2345 posted:
My 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with IBS/Ulcerative Colitis about a year ago. We have recently been battling a bad flare up and at one point she was suffering from "dumping". We have recently started her on Prednizone and things seem to be much better. No more running to the bathroom crying because she's afraid she wont make it, no more NOT eating, and no more bloody stool. I'm glad I have found this group because I have really been feeling very alone. I know this disease is very hard to deal with but it has been EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to deal with it when it's my 4 year old child suffering. Please everyone keep us in your prayers and any advice you can give will definitely be appreciated.

Thank You

calgal37 responded:
Confuzed, do some reading about the use of probiotics and ulcerative colitis. You can find the results of clinical trials using probiotics, more specifically VSL#3, on the Medscape website.

It has been found to make enormous positive changes in many with UC and in those with pouchitis.

Also check in with the Crohn's and UC group on WebMD. They may be able to give you useful assistance.

confuzed2345 replied to calgal37's response:
Thank You

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.