Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
iBS and other stomach related problems
sapphire9856 posted:
I'm a 57 yr old female and I've had constipation issues all my adult life after giving birth to my children. When I reached my 40's is when it turned from constipation to diarhea back to back in the same episode. After I finished eating within 20 minutes I had to find a bathroom doubled over with cramping pain. Really never seen a dr for it until a few years ago as I just thought it was too embarrassing, however I found myself in the er and they admitted me and I had my first colonoscopy (ugh) and they diagnosed me with ibs I have basically controlled it until these last couple of months. Started getting sharp pain in center of stomach, then I started getting indigestion (which I've never had before) especially at night when I lay down, sometimes after I eat small amounts I feel like I am going to throw up, I taste the food in the back of my throat, ( sorry if this is too graphic, but this is an ibs page) I constantly feel full and after eating only a portion of my meal I feel totally stuffed, thanksgiving type! In sept I went to family dr and told him all these above symptoms I'd been having for a month along with my past history, he prescribed something for the diarrhea and did an X-ray. Now this past week I woke up to a different pain that I've never had before, all the previous were crAmps in the middle and upper stomach, this time it was very sharp pain in lower area that didn't let up, back to dr. They hook me up to Iv for 2 days with antibiotics (blood work showed no infection) ultrasound showed nothing . Sent home and I'm still in pain, can't eat without getting full after a few bites, ingestion. And now I have cancelled thanksgiving because of all this! I know with the holidays it will be a wait before I get to see the gastronolgist. Has anyone got any ideas on what this could be

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey, My name is Amber, I'm 20 years old and currently undergoing testing to try to get properly diagnosed. I became sick when I was about 12, I lo...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.