Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Faintness before bowel movement
jujulang posted:
Driving home tonight, hot feeling in my abdomen , dizziness and then shaking. Felt faint all the way home. Had a bowel movement when I got home. Still feel off and now have a headache.
I have slow gastric emptying, slow motility.
Any ideas? I have had this happen to me before and it always sets me into an anxiety attack as well.

scrappy2214 responded:
Hello I had that to happen to me about a month ago. I was okay in the restromm reading, tried to get up and just hit the floor. My husband came and got me up, I was sweating and told him to get my clothes off. I laid across the bed feeling nauseated. Maybe five minutes later went to the restroom and all was well. Have a MRI with Metaform performed. I was diagnoised with IBS. In my earlier years I was treated for IBD.

marshagal responded:
This seems very similar to me. Ive also noticed occasional spasms in my abs. My doctor has me taking medicinal licorice...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I haven't exactly been the healthiest person. As soon as i was born-ear infections, that reoccured until I got tubes in my ears around age 1 or so...More

Helpful Tips

Squatting really help!!!
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.