Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IBS help needed
An_255747 posted:
I have been dealing with IBS for years now. I've been through test after test before finding out I have a severe case. The first time it hit me hard, I actually passed out from the pain and was taken to the ER thinking it was my heart. I have passed out 2 other times from the pain. Is this normal for a person with severe IBS ? I call them my episodes. All of the episodes are extremely painful and will cause me to miss work for 1 or 2 days. I have been in the fetal position from the pain. Is there any relief for this ? Once the episode starts to go away, it actually feels like someone has punched me in the stomach. Any help would be appreciated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey, My name is Amber, I'm 20 years old and currently undergoing testing to try to get properly diagnosed. I became sick when I was about 12, I lo...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.