Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Pressure on stomach causing cramping and diarrhea
    helxine posted:
    I'm not sure if I have IBS. I do have constipation, followed by cramping and diarrhea. I had a colonscopy 3 years ago, and it showed I do have diverticulosis. I am careful with my diet, and recently tried going on a gluten free diet. It seemed to help at first. My main issue is that I cannot have the slightest pressure on my stomach, or I end up with cramping and diarrhea. I wear loose clothing, but if the waistband of my pants presses against my stomach for a short period of time, I end up with the cramping and diarrhea. I know it sounds strange, but it just happened again yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

battle8 responded:
    yes

Spotlight: Member Stories

I haven't exactly been the healthiest person. As soon as i was born-ear infections, that reoccured until I got tubes in my ears around age 1 or so...More

Helpful Tips

ibs is a mess
    Omg, I was diagnosed with ibs. Where did it come from???? Have to find a remedy because this is not fun. Knots in the stomach, stomach on ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.