Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pressure on stomach causing cramping and diarrhea
helxine posted:
I'm not sure if I have IBS. I do have constipation, followed by cramping and diarrhea. I had a colonscopy 3 years ago, and it showed I do have diverticulosis. I am careful with my diet, and recently tried going on a gluten free diet. It seemed to help at first. My main issue is that I cannot have the slightest pressure on my stomach, or I end up with cramping and diarrhea. I wear loose clothing, but if the waistband of my pants presses against my stomach for a short period of time, I end up with the cramping and diarrhea. I know it sounds strange, but it just happened again yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

battle8 responded:
yes

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

Squatting really help!!!
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.