Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help for IBS
jonesgirl3 posted:
I have suffered from IBS symptoms for years. It seems to come and go. I'm in a bad bout right now where I do not want to eat anything for fear of not feeling well afterward - no matter how carefully I select my food and how slowly I eat it. I just completed a visit with a Nurse Practitioner who specializes in treating the root cause and not the symptoms of IBS. She sent my home with a stool diagnostic kit. I will send in stool samples to the lab who will test for a multitude of bacterial issues. I will post again after I am further down this path. I believe in getting to the root cause vs. only treating the symptoms with drugs. When our body is in pain it is talking to us about something that needs to be addressed. I am trying to find out what needs to be addressed and then address it. I would encourage anyone reading this to do the same.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at 16 yrs old with a nervous stomache and spastic colon. I am now 73 and I still have constipation/diahrea every few weeks. I asume it...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.