Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Headaches and tummy aches
marshagal posted:
I have been having really bad headaches and digestive problems for the last few months. I also frequently get dizzy and have nausea. Ive noticed that MMJ helps with my headaches, dizziness and stomach aches. Ive also been losing a lot of weight because I never feel like eating. I spoke to my naturopath about it, and they recommended medicinal licorice. Has anyone used licorice for their digestive problems before? Does anyone know if my headaches and stomach problems are related. I am so frustrated and scared because I really need to be able to eat. Any advice is appreciated.

calgal37 responded:
Licorice has a steroid component to it and it's known to tamp down stomach and abdominal discomfort. I used it years ago in a Chinese herbal formula and it was of great help when mixed with several other herbs.

Have you been evaluated via testing? And if so, what tests were done?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Undiagnosed digestive disorder past 18+ mo. Prescribed Bentyl, but provided no relief. Upper endoscopy revealed Barret's esophagus, prescribed Pri...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.