Skip to content
it's it ibs??!!
An_256992 posted:
Hello. I'm a 40 year old female and I was diagnosed January 2013 with ibs after a colonoscopy. It is the only test ever done to date. I was wondering if anyone else had any of the following symptoms.
Frequent urination especially at night
Pain radiating into my lower back
Very sharp pain that is consistent and never moving in my lower right and left abdomen
Constipation and diarrhea
I have pain every day regardless of what foods I eat. I'm so frustrated. Are these all true symptoms of ibs?

calgal37 responded:
You may want to consider being tested for gluten issues. A recent report suggested that kids diagnosed with IBS be evaluated for celiac disease. If that's a suggestion for kids, it may also prove true for adults and it's not going to hurt.

But for kids or adults, not only celiac should be checked out, but non-celiac gluten sensitivity should also be evaluated. It's turning out to be a whole new field that most docs don't recognize or know about yet. Find a functional medicine doc and see if they do the testing and get checked.

I know you've said it doesn't matter what you eat and you've probably tried to take out foods and add them back, but it's in imprecise way to do it. In some cases it can take weeks to find out if the antibodies you may be producing against a certain food group drop enough to give you some respite. Most people discontinue the trial too soon to actually get an answer. If it's an IgG-mediated food intolerance it can take a minimum of 4 weeks to see a change. In those with an IgA-mediated food intolerance it can take months.

Just a suggestion.....................

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! Well i'm a mother of 1 (hopefully to 2 soon) to a wonderful beautiful daughter, i'm married to a wonderful husband, and I am pentecosta...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.