Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nausea before bowel movement
An_256778 posted:
I have been diagnosed with GERD and IBS several years ago and now have anxiety issues as well now. These past few weeks I have noticed that I would get nausea before I have to have a bowel movement. This first time was horrible. I was real nauseated that I felt faint and my stools were green and not runny but not firm either. The last time I had an episode it wasn't as bad but my stools this time was yellowish and watery with mucous. I haven't really been able to eat for fear of this happening again. I have nibbled here and there. My doctor is booked so it will be awhile before I can get in to see her. I haven't had any fever either with this either. Sorry about this being TMI but the more info the better. I don't take any meds. I do take OTC stuff, nauzene, tums and I am always eating peppermint altoids. I don't drink, nor do I smoke or do drugs. I am a female...33 years of age and not over weight.

inellis05 responded:
I can definitely tell you that the nausea is a part of IBS. I have had IBS for years and have lost count of how many times I ended throwing up and having a bowel movement at the same time due to how bad it was. Definitely go in and see your doctor as soon as possible. IBS is such a challenging condition.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Carrie. I've had IBS for over 10 years, I also have Endometriosis and was diagnosed with it almost 3 years ago. Trying to manage th...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.