Skip to content
Does anyone else have these symptoms?
An_257658 posted:
I have had ibs symptoms my whole life, sometimes a lot, sometimes hardly any at all over the years. I also have fibromyalgia, and some weird other autoimmune type symptoms. Anyway, over the past year I have developed more and more frequent attacks of cramping pain in my colon that comes on suddenly. It proceeds directly to severe cramps and bowel movements that doesn't relent until I finally develop watery diarrhea and clear out my entire colon. Sometimes, there is nausea, usually not. Anyway, I started noticing that my rectum is spasming and my legs are spasming at the same time. Now I am noticing that before I even get colon cramping, my upper legs start to have muscle contractions and spasms. I have had muscle spasms (over my entire body) for several years, and lately the intensity has increased greatly in my legs. Now my legs don't ever relax and start to hurt when I stand or walk very much. This has now led to a direct correlation between walking and activating the colon cramping. Now I am afraid to walk or stand because this almost always follows. I am practically living on pepto bismol to try to head off the inevitable pain and cramps I am going to get. Has anyone else ever noticed a correlation between leg pain (spasms or fasciculations) and subsequently developing severe cramps and diarrhea? If I tell other people about this, they think I am nuts. It just keeps getting worse, and I am scared. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

calgal37 responded:
You're not nuts by any means. A lot of people unfortunately have a variety of symptoms that don't seem to fit into any category of 'illness' but they do make them miserable.

What kind of testing have you had done? What have you tried yourself besides the pepto? Any digestive issues run in your family? Any food intolerances or allergies? Do you take medications that could contribute to the problem? What does your doc say?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at 16 yrs old with a nervous stomache and spastic colon. I am now 73 and I still have constipation/diahrea every few weeks. I asume it...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.