Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Constant nausea
An_257766 posted:
I'm 26 years old and was diagnosed with IBS years ago. I am Constantly sick to my stomach and no doctor can seem to give me an answer. I'm always constipated and when I do go my nausea gets worse and I can't stop using the restroom. I really feel like I'll never get better and I don't know what to do. I've tried changing my diet and it's to the point where I'm never hungry anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?

gurlly responded:
I am 54 and was diagnosed several years ago right after I had a hysterectomy in 2000 with IBS. I have both Constipation and diarrhea. It gets so bad to the point I do not want to leave the house. Most of the time it is diarrhea and nausea. I was prescribed a medication for the nausea but I feel like I would have to live on it but I only take it when the nausea is really severe. I have tried different diets. My family doctor told me I needed more fiber and so I tried that only to make my symptoms worse. I am scheduled to see a gastroenterologist and I'm going to ask her what I can do to control my symptoms. Hoping that she can help me with the issues I am having. I have tried everything I can think of to alleviate the symptoms to no success. Hopefully the Dr can give me some insight as to how to deal with this chronic disease.

seafairy responded:
Eat yogurt at least 2 times per day. This seems to help me. I have had a colonoscopy, MRI & two vaginal sonograms which lead to a robotic hysterectomy. The left side pain continues. It feels more like menstrual pain more than anything else. I eat 2 — 3 yogurts per day and you must remember that you do not need to poop every day I have found that when I awake I drink at least 8 ozs of water within the first 30 minutes of the day. (You have been asleep and no reason to start your day dehydrated.) Also I started taking Midol which actually seems to help a lot. My complaint has always been that it felt like menstrual cramps. The Midol does help.

seafairy replied to gurlly's response:
My suggestion is to eat yogurt at least 2 times per day. I also eat every few hours, fruit or yogurt. This seems to help. I stay away from any "high" fiber things which brings on terrible gas. Lots of water which means starting your day with at least 8 ozs of water before anything. Also, I have stopped eating anything "white" no carbs , no bread, rice, potatoes. It is difficult but I seem to feel better. I have recently tried Midol which seems to calm down the internal pain. The best to you and good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had stomach and digestive issues since I was young, but the last 5 years or so, it has gotten so much worse (I am now 49). In these last few ye...More

Helpful Tips

Squatting really help!!!
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.