Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Urine burns from incontinence
bobthebehr posted:
I have been suffering from in continence from pretty much the day I born. Diagnosed at the age of 16 I've carried a lot of shame and degradation because of it. Not knowing it was something that could be treated as a child I hold a lot of resentment for both bullies in school and my parents. However since I've now confronted these issues and chose life style change over meds I'm faced with another issue; urine burn on the skin. From the years of trying to hide my closest disorder I now have stains on my skin around my vaginal area. And where I wear pants most of the time it's not much of an issue, but when I put a bathing suit on I cannot help but stare at the dark blotchy spots between my thighs, where on the lucky women who don't suffer have nice even toned skin. Any one with this diorder know how to get rid of or at least tone down these marks?

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
I am so sorry to hear about your life long problems with your bladder. You are not alone as there are many people who have similar problems. I would be interested in learning how you are managing your bladder now. In order to conceal the urine marks on your skin, have you tried some of the cosmetic concealer creams? Also, have you considered seeing a dermatologist to have them evaluate your skin? There is so much available in the area of skin products, I would hope you could find something.

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 33 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website