Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Digestive Disorders Community.
Includes Expert Content
Bowl Incontinence
Nomorepoop posted:
My husband is 33 yr old, Type I diabetes, otherwise healthy. 1 yr ago he began to suffer from diarreaha. They were usually what he had just eaten. Loose and watery. Now anthything he puts into his mouth causes almost instant diarreha. He even poops himseld at night before he awakens. Blood tests, colonoscopy, and upper GI negative.
Hase been on Hyo-Max, Probiotic, Lotronex, and is now on Xifaxcan for 10 days for possible bacterial overgrowth. Camera in the small instestine is next. He's so feed up woth the humiliation he is have suicidal thoughts. What more could it be? Please help.

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
I am unsure of the cause of your husband's diarrhea. He needs to see his family doctor and be seen by a GI doctor as he may need a colonoscopy. Continual diarrhea is abnormal, even in a diabetic.

If nothing abnormal is found, then have you tried anything to "bulk' up the stool as if it was less liquidly, he may be able to control it?

Helpful Tips

Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website