Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
INCONTANCE
wezzymc posted:
i am leaking through the day and when i go to the bath room i think i am done and i wipe. then while i am wiping i go more. like the touch is causing me to go more.what can i do?whats causing this?should i worry ?

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
I suggest you speak with your doctor as it sounds like you have incontinence, but I'm not sure which type as I cannot tell from what you have described.

We never empty our bladder completely so I am not surprised you go some more after you have finished urinating. It may be helpful for you to do a 3-day diary and show it to your doctor when you see him.

You could also try some behavior modification .

wezzymc replied to Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP's response:
Thanks for the advice,I will do that. what kinds are their? Idont know much about it.

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP replied to wezzymc's response:
Check out the link I gave you and see if that doesn't give you some good ideas.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP's response:
I read the behavior modification and found some great information. Thanks Diane, for posting the links.

Helpful Tips

Dealing with incontinence as an active person.
I've been dealing with incontinence due to a nerve injury for more than 20 years. I am 48 now and my incontinence began at age 25. However, ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website