Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Digestive Disorders Community.
Includes Expert Content
rizornik@live.com
An_191888 posted:
During Dialysis, can different blood types be given? If someone is A Pos, can B Neg and O Pos be given? Whether transfusion or plasma? Desperate need to know--family member was in crisis and liver failed, nurse friend said look at dialysis records for possible clue. Same day different blood transfused or whatever the term used, family member went into crisis and went into liver failure, with dr saying it was her condition that did it. But patient recovered and liver count went to normal--they gave albumin, too, and some other IVs. Please help with answers, thank you!

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
This is not my area of expertise. Please speak with your family member's doctor.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
I agree --the family member's doctor needs to be consulted. Our Kidney Disorders Community can help as well.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website