Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
All has failed
Rebric posted:
I have had stress incontinence since I had a hysterectomy five years ago. I have also had two children with long, drawn out labor. I had the Pubo Vaginal Sling surgery four years ago and started leaking again after about six months. Since then I have had three different surgeries to inject three different bulking agents between the bladder and uretha. The bulking surgeries only last about three months and then it's back to the leaking. I am so, so very discouraged thinking this is how it will be the rest of my life. I am only 41. Is there any other options for me to try?

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
I think you should try a very structured pelvic floor muscle training program with biofeedback and electrical stimulation. I would see either a nurse practitioner like myself who specializes in pelvic floor dysfunction or a physical therapist who has been trained in this area. Another surgical procedure is probably not going to solve your problem but muscle training can.

The following URL provides information on these exercises but you need supervised treatment:

http://www.seekwellness.com/kegel/quick_sheet.pdf

Helpful Tips

Diet and Incontinence
Did you know that dietary changes like avoiding chocolate and soda can help reduce incontinence? More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website