Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Severe Bladder Problems
kerrykace posted:
I have had the sling surgery (not successful), in fact I am a bit worse.

I had the InterStim assestment (very painful), that was not successful.

I don't know what to do? And losing hope fast.

I have frequent UTI's due to the excessive urination during the day
and nite; I am now wearing adult diapers.

What else can I do?

Please help me with any advice.

Thank you
K. Kelly

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
That sounds awful. I am sorry to hear that you have tried so many treatments and found them unsuccessful.

hippylovr6977 responded:
Did you have incisions with the sling surgery? My stitches were all inside which doesn't sound right after reading about the surgery. I am also doing worse now. What is the InterStim? I am SO tired of all of this. So very depressing. I feel like I have turned into my mother. If it is this bad at 51 years of age, how bad will it be later in my life??!!??

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
From your email, I am not sure of your symptoms as the sling surgery is done for stress incontinence (urine leakage with laughing, coughing and sneezing) and the Interstim is done for urgency and frequency.

There is drug therapy for urgency ad frequency and these drugs are called "antimuscarinic" drugs (Toviaz, Sanctura, Vesicare, Gelnique). Both types of "bladder problems" can be helped with behavioral treatment including diet modification, bladder retraining and pelvic floor muscle exercises. Please see a nurse practitioner or physical therapist who specializes in treating pelvic floor dysfunction.

Helpful Tips

Tips for Keeping your Bladder HealthyExpert
Like so many parts of our bodies, your brain, your bladder and the muscles that control your bladder are always communicating. When your ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website