Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Just posted about UTI - now another problem!
jennilb5685 posted:
I posted the one a few posts down about UTI for the third time...well I've had a kidney infection that has came and went twice. Read my other post for more details. I haven't had any more pain from bladder or kidney. But my urethra has been hurting on and off. I made an appt with a urologist but the appt isn't for another week to two weeks. This morning the pain in my urethra was worse and while I was in the bath, I felt around and felt a lump inside my urethra about an inch that is about the size of a bean and it is tender to the touch. That's definitely what is hurting. It's not excrutiating pain or anything but its hurting just enough to be a constant distraction and annoyance that makes me squirm when I am sitting. Anyone know what this could be??
Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi jennib5685,

I am sorry you are in pain. Contact your urologist to move up the appointment, or go to you local emergency. A doctor is the person who can properly diagnose you. Please keep us updated.
Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
This could be a urethral diverticulum .

Helpful Tips

Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 42 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website