Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Leaks During Oral
An_191899 posted:
I am female aged 35, mother of 2 children borne vaginally. For several months now, I have noticed that when I climax orally I tend to leak. I actually get the urge to pee and try to suppress it but I havent been sucessful. I make sure that I use the bathroom right before I go to bed to avoid the issue but it continues to happen. I have not been able to find a lot of information on the issue but would like to learn more. Can you offer some advice, help or resources of information?

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
Urine leakage during sex is reported by many women. It can occur any time during sexual activity and it can be caused by urgency incontinence or stress incontinence. There is very little to no research on how to stop this but urinating before sexual activity is a good thing to do as you want the bladder as empty as possible.

We sometimes recommend different positions but I am not sure how successful that will be with oral sex. You may want to try strengthening your pelvic floor muscle as it can prevent urine leakage. (See: Kegel Quick Start Tip Sheet .) You may also want to try one of the antimuscarnic or OAB medications which can prevent a bladder contraction. They include Toviaz, Vesicare, Gelnique, Enablex-maybe take one around 1 hour before sex.

Helpful Tips

Tips for Keeping your Bladder HealthyExpert
Like so many parts of our bodies, your brain, your bladder and the muscles that control your bladder are always communicating. When your ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 30 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website