Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
How come i gotta pee when i run, jump or sneeze?
Missbrooklynnv posted:
i am 28 have two kids., i have a problem that i just have had enough of it and its been going on your years. i pee a little bit if i run, jump or sneeze. this makes it very hard to run after my three year old son or work out. there got to be away to fix this! i cant take it!

whats wrong with me?

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Missbrooklynnv

Your pelvic muscles can weaken from childbirth. Kegels exercises will help you strengthen them :http://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/oab-8/kegel-exercises

Diane K Newman, RN-C, MSN, ANP responded:
It sounds a though you may have stress urinary incontinence which is when you leak urine with effort or when you laugh, cough or sneeze or exercise. This can be caused from weak pelvic floor muscle or a weak sphincter. This is seen in one out of 5 women after childbirth. You need to start a very structured pelvic floor muscle training program.

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website