Skip to content
What Remedies Have You Tried to Control Incontinence?
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hello community,

It is estimated that 33 million people have bladder control problems. WebMD has some resources that can help you with bladder control. Here are a few ideas.

WebMD Video Kegels

8 Ways to Tame Bladder Control Problems

Kegels for Men

What have you tried to control incontinence?

TDXSP08 responded:
Well Lainey here is a question for you : is there something i could be doing that i am not??

I have Neurogenic bladder, OAB, Enlarged Prostate for which i take Flowmax I have no sensation of full or empty and i leek sometimes just a modest amount sometimes a flood for which i wear diapers. I also Cath myself 3 X a day with output ranging between 900-1100 Mill after i have urinated and think my bladder is empty.

Brief medical and social:
42 Year old male history of smoking no ETOH use
has congenital Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy,
Hereditary Neuralgic Amyotrophy, Hypertension
2 myocardial infarctions 1998-1999 , is currently in long term chronic pain Therapy due to complications of MMD HNA degenerative disc and Joint Disease and CIDP on the right side, mobility is via a powered wheelchair, also have very limited function in right arm & hand which the HNA attacked for about 5 years causing hand contraction and elbow contraction also a pronounced loss of sensation to touch but a hypersensitivity to temperature.

Peace

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to TDXSP08's response:
Hi TDXSP08,

I am not a medical doctor. But can help you find some support on WebMD with your many medical issues.

Men's Health Community

Heart Disease Community

Rheumatoid Arthritis Community

Take care,

Lainey

TDXSP08 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Lainey

i was just razzing you, i know the answer to the question is NO but i just wanted to see how gracefully you said so. it was just one of those days when it was kinda theraputic to just pound that mini history out on the keyboard to someone to get it out of your head, so I Apologize that you where the unlucky "winner" so to speak.

Peace

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to TDXSP08's response:
Well, you are keeping me on my toes! It is okay, please vent here anytime you want.

:)

Pulcher responded:
I wear diapers. I've tried other remedies but I have a difficult time sleeping without the security of diapers. Even when I could sleep it was a light sleep and I was sick more often resulting from being tired and run down.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Pulcher's response:
If it helps you feel secure and rested I completely agree.

Bevboo responded:
I tried the Kegals, didn't help. I was just standing up and flooding urine and could not hold it at all. My dr put me on Oxybutin and it worked a while then stopped helping at all. I went to a Urologist and they put me on Vesicare and Estrace. That worked for me. Then after a while I ran out of Vesicare but after two weeks without it, I was not have any accidents or leakage. I had vaginal atrophy and the Estrace has really helped that. But I don't really know how often to use the Estrace topical cream. I was told not to insert it into my vagina but just to apply it to the outside and in the urethra area. I need to call and see how often and when to apply it. If I use it at night, I have an almost continual sexual arrousal issue that gets a little annoying. Most people have said the Estrac cream made them uninterested in sex. It has the opposite effect on me. Almost everything else does too. I can drink too much coffee and get sleepy. I do take UTA capsules for pain at the onset of urination. It's helping now.I basically feel like my problem has been healed.

Bevboo replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
I responded to your question, but am new and so does it take a while to appear on the discussion?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Bevboo's response:
Hello, Bevboo!

I really appreciate your sharing what worked for you. It must be a great relief to feel your problem has been successfully handled. As far as the Estrace, a quick call to your pharmacist should help sort out the frequency of application.

Thanks for your patience. It does sometimes take a few minutes for discussions to show up.

Keep us updated,

Byroney

Helpful Tips

Tips for Keeping your Bladder HealthyExpert
Like so many parts of our bodies, your brain, your bladder and the muscles that control your bladder are always communicating. When your ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website