Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Urinary Incontinence one week a month
MacsMom03 posted:
I had my daughter (only child) in March of 2003. Soon after her birth, I began experiencing periodic incontinence during the week after my period. This is the only time of the month I experience this. My OB/GYN is baffled. I can void just fine during that time, but I will have leakage to the point that I must wear a pad. No other symptoms accompany this.

This started off as being sporadic, as in not occurring every month. But over the past couple of years, it's occurred every month, no matter what my menstration schedule is. No pain on voiding. Not a sufferer of frequent urinary or bladder infections.

I am not on birth control or any other regular meds. I have been experiencing night sweats for the past couple of years, but no other real menopausal symptoms. I have had problems with ovarian cysts in the past.

Any ideas?

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi MacsMom03,

Consider speaking to your GYN. It is very difficult to diagnose online.

MacsMom03 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks, Lainey, but my OB/GYN is stumped, as I said in my original post. Guess I'm just a unique case and will just have to learn to live with it until menopause.

Helpful Tips

Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website