Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    Head over to this page:

    Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    7 year old grandaughter and urinary issues
    An_191910 posted:
    My 7 year old grandaughter has developed urinary "leakage" and we could use some advise. There is no pain or uncomfortableness but she is running to change her underwear all the time. She has always been super sensitive to any wetness but this has sprung up overnight.I don't think she has any infection, is acting normal otherwise. If she goes to the dr. , does she go to her pediatrician?
    susanconnor responded:
    my daughter is suffering from this too .I notice that if she hasnt moved her bowel for a few days that it becomes more frequent uupto 10 times a day .She cant empty her bladder fully and therefore often has accidents .As you can imagine this is pretty stressful when shes at school and kids can be cruel .Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do
    Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to susanconnor's response:
    Susanconnor, hello and welcome! I would encourage you to take your daughter in to see her pediatrician, who may refer her to a pediatric urologist if needed.

    Here's an article on Overactive Bladder in Children in case it's helpful.

    Please let us know what you find out once she's seen her doctor,


    Helpful Tips

    Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
    Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 42 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Diane Newman's website