Skip to content
7 year old grandaughter and urinary issues
An_191910 posted:
My 7 year old grandaughter has developed urinary "leakage" and we could use some advise. There is no pain or uncomfortableness but she is running to change her underwear all the time. She has always been super sensitive to any wetness but this has sprung up overnight.I don't think she has any infection, is acting normal otherwise. If she goes to the dr. , does she go to her pediatrician?

susanconnor responded:
my daughter is suffering from this too .I notice that if she hasnt moved her bowel for a few days that it becomes more frequent uupto 10 times a day .She cant empty her bladder fully and therefore often has accidents .As you can imagine this is pretty stressful when shes at school and kids can be cruel .Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to susanconnor's response:
Susanconnor, hello and welcome! I would encourage you to take your daughter in to see her pediatrician, who may refer her to a pediatric urologist if needed.

Here's an article on Overactive Bladder in Children in case it's helpful.

Please let us know what you find out once she's seen her doctor,

Byroney

Helpful Tips

Tips for Keeping your Bladder HealthyExpert
Like so many parts of our bodies, your brain, your bladder and the muscles that control your bladder are always communicating. When your ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website