Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    TVT Surgery
    jgoryl posted:
    This is my first post to the group. What specialist do you recommend I see regarding surgical procedure for stress incontinence? I spoke briefly with a urologist who suggested TVT procedure. Your thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hello jgoryl and welcome! I'm the new moderator here and I saw your post didn't have any answers yet, so I thought I could offer you a bit of help.

    Whether you see a gynecologist, urologist, or gynourologist (a urologist who specializes in women's issues), or someone else, will be up to you to decide. Here's some information on the Tension-free Vaginal Tape (TVT) procedure that may help, including a .PDF you can print out.

    Let us know what you decide,


    Helpful Tips

    How to prevent UTIsExpert
    Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    20 of 34 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Diane Newman's website