Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stress incontinence
An_191919 posted:
I currently have a problem with stress incontinence especially when I laugh, couph or lift something heavy. It seems to be worse around the time I would be getting my period ( I had a hysterectomy a few years ago). It even seems to bother me sometimes when I am walking. Does anyone have a suggestions on a treatment? I have been doing Kegel exercises for a few months now. It may of helped alittle.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome, Anon_183291!

Here's a Decision Point to help you decide Which Stress Incontinence Treament might be right for you. I would encourage you to discuss this with a urologist or gyno-urologist (who deals with women's urinary issues) to get some expert opitions and treatments.

Please update us if you have a chance,

Byroney

MaryatTheQOL replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for being so open!

I think you should visit your doctor or gyno to see help. It happens to so many women, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Keep up your Kegel exercises! Incontinence shouldn't ever slow you down and it shouldn't - so no worries.

I highly suggest you find some light pantiliners or pads for around your period or for when you are walking. It feels so much more comfortable to know you are covered if you ever get a sneeze attack! I really think that the quality products from trusted medical lines such as Tena and Prevail are really where you will find the most for your money. They are high quality and very reliable. They are the best of the best! The other main brands like Depends or Poise are simply bunched up toilet paper, basically. blech!!
I recommend this site: www.theqolstore.com The Quality of Life Store. They ship free, fast, and discreet to your door. Worry Free!!! They are reliable and locally owned in Washington. They aren't those liquidators who sell cheap and fast then disappear never to be heard from again. I trust them! They are new and great.

Thanks for your honesty and good luck

Helpful Tips

Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website