Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Digestive Disorders Community.
Menopause, OAB, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder
leg252 posted:
I had a hip replacement about 4 months ago! They put a catheter in my bladder during the sugrery and put on narcotic pain medicine for the surgery.Then after the surgery i had to go physical therapy and it worked up my nerves so bad, since i got generalized anxiety disorder that worked on ny bladder too! My bladder really took a beating through all of this! Now i'm going through menopauseand that causes urinary frequency! Seems like i have to get up every hour or so to get up and go to the bathroom! It turnsw on like a leaky faucet! I tried meds, but it caused urinary retention, hen i got bladder infections! Bedore the surgery, i was getting up like every 2 hours or so! I'm trying bladder training and kegals! When i go away, i always have to go places wher ethy have bathrooms! I do not understand what is going on! I figure its the menopause that is causing urinary frequency!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome leg252!

I am sorry to hear about the problems you've had since your hip replacement surgery. I'd suggest that you may want to see a gyno-urologist, who is an expert in women's bladder problems.

Here's a slideshow on Urinary Incontinence in Women , and an article on Types of Incontinence . I didn't see menopause listed as a cause, so please talk to your doctor. You may want to check on our Menopause and Anxiety and Panic community for more support.

Let us know how you're doing,

Byroney

leg252 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
I think my bladder is setttling down a bit!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to leg252's response:
That's good news!

I appreciate the update and hope your bladder continues to get better,

Byroney

I'm going though menopuase abnd i read you can get frequent urination withthat! So i'm trying bladder retraining and kegals!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to leg252's response:
Leg, that sounds like a good plan. I know that many people are successful using those.

Keep in touch,

Byroney

I also read thast b vitamins are good for anxiety and resistance traing exercises are good for generalized anxiety disorder. But it take 6 weeks to reduce generalized anxiety disorder symptoms, but you have do it every day for 30 mins. I did some research on the under google search engine.

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website