Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Incon issues Getting to know Me
TDXSP08 posted:
I am a 42 1/2 year old white male smoker , No alcohol, no drug abuse first developed retention of urine causing backup of urine into ureters and kidneys causing kidney failure, when scope was done for this problem Doctor found giant overgrown prostate and a bladder that was about three time normal size initiated treatment with .4 Flomax for the Prostate and started me straight cathing three times a day, results with flomax within a week i began to have nocturnal enuresis and functional incontinence whereas i did not have enough warning between you gotta go to you are going ( due to Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy and Hereditary Neuralgic Amyotrophy and paralysis on right side of body and Lumbar spine DDD & DJD resulting in less and less nerve activivity in Lumbo Sacral plexus as measured on my monthly EMG's and now it's to the point 5 years later where i have no sensation of the need to "go" i just start to feel a little extra "warm" if you know what i mean and i still cath 3 times a day with results being between 900 and 1100 that is residual in my bladder, so even on the low side of 900 thats 2700 ml's a day that my bladder just keeps around. so thats my story and i'm stickin to it lol.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Howdy again TDXSP08!

I sure appreciate your sharing your story with us. It sounds like you have a complicated medical history that led up to your incontinence issues.

Have you found your need to straight cath yourself and incontinence has kept you from doing things you'd like to do? Your sense of humor and directness are very welcome, and I hope you'll post more.

Byroney

TDXSP08 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
nah the only thing that gets in the way of cathing is my big fat prostate LOL. cathing is sometimes an annoying extra chore but every time i do it i just say thank God! this will hopefully be a little leak instead of a flood waiting to happen.

when i was in the hospital and i made that switch from RETENTION TO THE DAMN DAM HAS BROKEN !!! I remember a nurse comming in and waking me up and saying we have to change your room i'm like lady it's God only knows what time in the morning and i am as ugly the tree that the ugly stick was broken of off and she said it was a hazzard and i said like i created a hazzrd in my sleep , she said rollover i did and there was a pool of liquid surrounding my bed and leading out into the hallway, so i just looked at her and said my first book , she looked at me strangely and i said "The yellow river By I.P. Daily so i got a new gown and moved to another room so houskeeping could clean up my erh mess ,and then of all things they didnt want tomoffend me or get into anyones touchy feely things about diapers so they get out this adult diaper the size of a hefty garbage bag i swear you could loose your family inside this thing
and asked me if i would mind laying on it and "kinda sorta" pointing my penis into it well its draped over me, and i'm like Hell no ten of me could live in there i'm 5'7 5'8 135 pounds i have a 28b29 30 waist depending on who makes the pants" get a real damned diaper and tape it on me i dont like making working for people" so they go one that fit and put me in it and my next flood got just me and the diaper, and they thought it was amazing that a Firefighter would wear a diaper without restraints to keep it on.
i said realist first Firefighter Second. and from then on i have been diapereg and if you want a real horrible read click on my avatar that explains briefly my health problems.

Peace

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to TDXSP08's response:
TDXSP08, I did go and read your history--thanks for letting me know where I could find it. I'm glad to hear that you have the fortitude to go out there and tackle life and don't let your many challenges keep you down. I think firefighters are some of the most courageous people I've ever met, and you're another example of that.

As for the hospital, I am so surprised that they don't seem to have a good understanding of diaper sizing. They should have brought a correctly-sized diaper without having to be asked. Well, hopefully the person who comes after you will benefit by them use the appropriate size the first time around.

That joke about the "Yellow River" was pretty amusing. I know I wouldn't have been as witty if I'd been woken up.

Take good care,

Byroney

Helpful Tips

Diet and Incontinence
Did you know that dietary changes like avoiding chocolate and soda can help reduce incontinence? More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website