Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    At my wits end
    Kathy24013 posted:
    Many times when I feel the urge to urinate I can't make it to the toilet. I have lost the ability to pinch off my urethra. My doctor told me to do Kegels. It isn't doing any good. I don't know what to do next. I am 53 years old, and take medication for Epilepsy and hypothyroidism.

    Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hello Kathy and welcome!

    I am sorry to hear about your urge and that the exercises aren't helping. Here's an OAB (Over Active Bladder) Health Check that may be useful to you. Also check article on Types of Incontinence.

    Please note that some health conditions may be linked to incontinence, so I would suggest pursuing this further. A trip to the urologist or gyno-urologist may be something to consider.

    Let us know how you're doing,


    Helpful Tips

    Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
    Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 42 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Diane Newman's website