Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Groin inflammation with difficult urinating
An_239643 posted:
I am a 70 year old male who recently had a prostatectomy and now suffer from incontinence. Recently I began having inflammation and redness of the groin area and find it very difficult to urinate. The doctors said I have an infection and have been taking antibiotics for about a week without any relief. Has anyone had this experience?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome An_239643 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're not experiencing any relief. I would definitely suggest returning to your doctor. Perhaps something else is going on, or the medication needs changing. I'm not sure if the doctor you saw was a urologist or not, but if not, you may want to see one, too.

Here are two other communities where you might be able to find some support:

Men's Health

Prostate Cancer (which I don't know if you had or not)

Please let us know how you're doing and I hope you're starting to feel better,

Byroney

Freid replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Byroney:

I did end up seeing my urologist who prescribed an antibiotic which cleared up the staph infection but I must be allergic to Sulfamet, because it activated my Eczema. which I'm gradually getting under control.

I will check out the websites you recommded.

Thank you for your response and information.

Freid

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Freid's response:
Freid, so glad your staph infection has cleared up and the eczema is calming down. It was smart to go back to your doctor.

Thanks for the update,

Byroney

Helpful Tips

Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website