Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Digestive Disorders Community.
anyone using the male urine guards?
paulbronson posted:
Hey guys,

I am still recovering from prostate surgery, but my urinary incontinence has lessened quite a bit in the past month. I am thinking about switching from an external cath to these male urine guards from Jackson Medical (who I've never heard of). I guess because they are so new there isn't much written about them. I read this positive review on this condom catheter site, but am trying to get more feedback. They are not terribly expensive, but right now I am still out of work and am trying to be careful about any purchases.

Sorry for the ramble. I am hoping someone is using these or has used them and can post a bit about their experience. I am just trying to avoid wasting money if they don't work very well.

Thanks!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Paulbronson and thanks for posting. We have several male board members who post--I hope one of them will see your post and reply to you.

You may also want to post on the Prostate Cancer or Men's Health communites if you haven't done that as well. Also, perhaps you can call your surgeon's office and find out if it's something the doctor has found useful for his or her patients?

Best wishes,

Byroney

paulbronson replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hey Bryoney,

Thanks, I will try and post to the prostate cancer side as well.

I hope someone on this board will still post their experience with the male guard, too.

Paul

Billy328 responded:
Paulbronson,

I just started using the Male Urine Guard and I really like it. I have also spoken with customer service at Jackson Medical and they were very helpful. Right now you can order a free sample from them and see if you like the product. That is what I did. Just visit their website at jacksonmedicalproducts.com

paulbronson replied to Billy328's response:
@billy328 - thanks I will do that! I tried that in the past with a few places, but they wanted so much information (insurance, etc), I guess I quit thinking about the sample route.

Helpful Tips

Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website