Skip to content
urge incontinenc/diapers
diaperjamie posted:
hi,i have been incontinent for over 20yrs now and in that time period i seen many urologists.they told me that surgery or medication would help me.surgery was out of the question but taking meds was okay.i tired all sort of medication which help a little.i was still having accident through out the day,so i started to wear diapers24/7.the urologists i see now is a female who is very understanding of my issues.she specializes in urge incontinence and overactive bladder conditions.she did agree with me about wearing diapers all the time.for me there is no easy solution,we have tired almost every treatment out there.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello diaperjamie and welcome!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with incontinence, and how adult diapers turned out to be the best solution for you right now. I sure hope that other options will be available for you in the future, but I'm glad you have a female urologist who seems to understand what you're going through.

Do you have an tips to share with others who may be using adult diapers?

Byroney

diaperjamie replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
do,diapers are better then catheters because you won't get an infection with diapers.you can get a rash but it's not that painful as a catheters are.i think diapers are the best option for most people today.there are diapers on the market today that helps with today life style.i know most don't want to wear diapers or undergarments but it better then wet pants or clothes. okay,best luck to all.

Helpful Tips

Overactive Bladder ? Don?t Suffer in SilenceExpert
Considered abnormal at any age, overactive bladder is a very common condition that affects both men and women but is more common in women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website