Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Small amount of stool in left in rectum after I use the bathroom (normal?)
quicksilverseven posted:
Whenever I go the bathroom there is still some stool left over in my rectum. (a small amount, similar in size to a pinky finger) I don't feel like I have to go anymore, there is no itching or anything negative. I eat plenty of fiber so I know that's not it. It bothers me more psychologically I guess. (a mental feeling of not being clean knowing there is still a small amount in there) So every time I defecate I have to get that last little bit out with my finger. So the question is:
Is it normal to have this small amount of stool left in the rectum after defecating every single time? (about the size of pinky finger) If it is I feel I can stop having to remove it with my finger after I use the bathroom which would be nice.

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website