Skip to content
Surgery proceedures for incontinence and prolapsed bladder
gilmet posted:
I had incontinence and a prolapsed bladder. My gynecoligist gave me a choice of 2 surgery's. One being called the sling surgery, and I don't remember what the second was called. He informed me that some of the sling surgery's had to be done again. But with this other surgery he would be lifting my bladder up further then the sling surgery, and it would never have to be done again. Only draw back was I would no longer be able to have sex. Well I'm alone now and I'm 71 years old, so I thought who needs to be sexually active? I'll go for the sure thing, and forget the sling.

After surgery my prolapsed bladder no longer bulged out of my vagina (yes thats how bad it was) However I was disappointed to find I was even more incontinent. He said "you need time to heal, and perhaps some physical therapy might help later" I'm frustrated and very dissapointed in this proceedure. (I think it may be a new method for elderly women) And I am trying to find out the actual name of the surgery? I searched for it on WebMD but so far I can't find it?

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website