Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Surgery proceedures for incontinence and prolapsed bladder
    gilmet posted:
    I had incontinence and a prolapsed bladder. My gynecoligist gave me a choice of 2 surgery's. One being called the sling surgery, and I don't remember what the second was called. He informed me that some of the sling surgery's had to be done again. But with this other surgery he would be lifting my bladder up further then the sling surgery, and it would never have to be done again. Only draw back was I would no longer be able to have sex. Well I'm alone now and I'm 71 years old, so I thought who needs to be sexually active? I'll go for the sure thing, and forget the sling.

    After surgery my prolapsed bladder no longer bulged out of my vagina (yes thats how bad it was) However I was disappointed to find I was even more incontinent. He said "you need time to heal, and perhaps some physical therapy might help later" I'm frustrated and very dissapointed in this proceedure. (I think it may be a new method for elderly women) And I am trying to find out the actual name of the surgery? I searched for it on WebMD but so far I can't find it?

    Helpful Tips

    How to prevent UTIsExpert
    Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    20 of 34 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Diane Newman's website