Skip to content
Crohn's Disease
r0zaba posted:
I am 51 years old with crohn's disease. I was about 26 when I found out I had Crohn's disease. I started taking Pentasa and Cipro in 2001. Dr took me off Cipro but kept me on 8 cap. of Pentasa every morning. No trouble at all with my crohn's disease. Until this year (2012)when I ended up with Strep infection (from a student) . The strep infection according to the dr went straight to my intestants and attacked my crohn's disease. I was in so much pain ended up in the hospital and now I am on Prednisone, Imuran, Probiotic, Cipro alone with Pentasa. 16 pills a day I am taking now. Plus I am taking 1000 to 2000 mg a day of Vit. C. I start every morning 4 am to 12 midnight taking my meds. Parents really need to keep their child home from school when they are sick.

hsweeney1 responded:
I also am a teacher and have been diagnosed with Crohns last year. Ive been on many types of meds and currently am doing the prednisone and humira shot weekly. I ended up with CDIF bc I kept getting sick and was put onantibiotics. I try to wash my hands all the time but we are so exposed to germs and with our supressed immune system it is very hard to stay healthy. I am starting to get into remission....hopefully. I will know once Im off the prednisone and see if I am truly there. If not then I switch to the IV remicade I believe. I think I might be getting a bladder infection though. My understanding is that is somewhat normal...never knew that till I hopped on web md. Have you had trouble with them? I was suprised to see you on Vit C. I woulod think that would bother the Crohns...Hope you are getting better!
Holly

Helpful Tips

Tips for Keeping your Bladder HealthyExpert
Like so many parts of our bodies, your brain, your bladder and the muscles that control your bladder are always communicating. When your ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website