Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
UTI and high volume of urine
An_243543 posted:
Hello,

The past 2 months I have been dealing with frequent urination that is driving me nuts. My general doctor gave me 3 days of cipro because there was a tiny amount of bacteria in my urine as well as white blood cells. She said she wouldn't normally treat for the amount but since I was having issues she did. My problems have been on and off since then and again are starting up full force. My kidney doctor seems to think I still have a UTI (I was worried because I used to have kidney problems but my protein/creatine levels have been good) He called in 7 days of Bactrim for me I will be starting tonight.

My question is would a UTI make me have a high volume of urine too? My friend said when she get's them that she feels like she has to go but hardly goes at all. Me on the other hand will go and have a lot come out. I would really appreciate any advice on this because I am so worried that it might not be a UTI because of this and it's hard to sleep now because of always having to go.

Thank's in advance

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 33 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website