Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Digestive Disorders Community.
leakage turns black
An_244846 posted:
I suffer from incontinence and when I go back to the bath room the urine on my pad is black with in hours of putting on a new one. I have been tested for blood in urine and urinary track infections and they all come back normal. My urine is a normal color in the toliet..it just does this on the pad. As far as I know I am not having a vaginal discharge either...so you can see I am very confused about this.

BerSan1 responded:
Did you ever fin out what the issue was? I'm wondering if it's a chemical reaction between something specific in your urine and something in the pad's gel. Does this happen with different brands of pad? Does it vary with what you've had to drink at all?

B.

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website