Skip to content
interstim/diapers
Anon_918 posted:
seen my urologists about 2weeks ago to have a test done and go over my next treatments options,which might be the interstim procedure.my doctor told me that i have a very small bladder and interstim would be right for me.i heard that there are alot of draw-backs to this procedure,like pain and discomfort, never problems.if i go through with this procedure will i still need diapers??? i do wear diapers 24/7 and ben in them for more then 20yrs now.if this procedure cause all these problems then i think i'm better of wearing diapers.i am not sure what to do???? please help!!! thanks

Dinkspiddle responded:
I have had the 'trial' of Interstim in August, but must have bent over and moved the test wire because the first day was WONDERFUL; the next 3 days 'the race was on'. I have tried all meds for OAB with Toviaz 8mg being most successful but even now, it doesnt help. I was really bummed but my MD (actually a gynecologist) who i have been with over 30 years call and had a really good discussion. I am 53 and have been wearing max-protection pads for over 3 years. I present training of at least 90 minute duration without breaks and this year I couldn't go without giving some kind of break or exercise so I could exit the room! After having this heart-to-heart with the MD, I decided to give it another trial with what is referred to as the First Stage and wire is placed (anchored if you will) via endoscopic procedure. I sit here now with the 1st Stage 'in' and I will be going back in a few days to have the device implanted permanently. Being at work this week was the real test. Normally a.m. is relays every 30-45mins; noon-ish to end of day every 1-2 hours and with an hour drive home, I RACED to the bathroom. Not now. I very excited to get off the meds and while I know I cannot have MRIs and will have to carry a card with me to get thru airport security, I don't have to wear pads like my elderly mom and I feel like I will have my life back. I may still have to wear a mini-pad because now I recognize I have stress incontinence but that can be fixed too. One thing at a time. Try it. Your MD should be able to get everything pre-approved with your insurance. I wish you the best. Good Luck!

Helpful Tips

How to prevent UTIsExpert
Changing some of your daily habits may help you avoid urinary tract infections. Drink lots of fluid to flush the bacteria from your ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 33 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website