Skip to content
Inter-Stim Neurstimulator by Medtronic
loveinterstim06 posted:
I suffered from urinary retention for over a yr. and did my research found the Inter-Stim device and the rest is pleasant history. It turned my life around and I have never regretted it. Was a simple proceedure but i realize not everyone will feel that way. I am not a complainer and I made sure I new all the right questions to ask. I have had mine since May of 06'. I hope I never have to be without it. Yes it is true no MRI's but if a serious situation arose where you absolutely needed one the device can be removed until after the MRI. Not a big deal. I have nothing bad to say about it. I was in an accident and three out of the five sacral nerves were damaged and because the Inter-Stim bridges the gap between the sacral never and the brain and bladder I go just like I did prior to the accident. Thank you Medtronic!!!!!

professorguy responded:
I am considering this implant after several years of retention/ infection issues. How has this worked out for you? Any advice for me? Thank you.

Helpful Tips

Tips for Keeping your Bladder HealthyExpert
Like so many parts of our bodies, your brain, your bladder and the muscles that control your bladder are always communicating. When your ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Diane Newman's website